Welcome to the community! NoCode.ai was founded in April 2021 as a place to educate, inspire and help achieve our AI goals one hack at a time. In the last decade, I witnessed many startups, organizations, and even small businesses adopting AI solutions. But I quickly learned that there was a lot of confusion about how AI was being used in business and how to get started. I wanted to create a space where users could learn about new technologies and AI tools without being overwhelmed by technical jargon.
I led product management of several No-Code AI tools working with the best designers and developers. Those tools are used today by thousands of practitioners.
I decided to start NoCode.ai to explain how I like to approach and simplify AI.
In this community, I would also like to share techniques and principles to deploy responsible AI in production.
A bit more about me
I'm a Spaniard living the dream in California. I work as a Director of Data Science and Machine Learning at IBM. I’m also a founder, investor, tennis professor, and father of two! It's been quite a journey since I started working in the AI field, see here some of the highlights:
- Director of Data Science & AI Elite at IBM: I currently manage a super talented team of ~100 data scientists worldwide solving the most complex AI implementations. We use No-code AI tools but also a lot of hardcore techniques.
- Program Director Product Management at IBM - Machine Learning tools: I hired and managed a team of Rockstar product managers creating an award-winning Machine Learning platform called Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning.
- Principal Product Manager at IBM - Data Science: from a whiteboard idea to thousands of monthly active users, I was the Product Manager leading the AI revolution in the Data Science space at IBM and turning wild aspirations into amazing products.
- Product Manager at IBM - Data Science Community: my first product management role was to improve our community effort and connect with the practitioners, which turned into a huge success with over 5k user group.
- Data Scientist and instructor at IBM: I delivered weekly workshops and consulting sessions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Here's where I learned how to simplify AI and get companies productive with No-code tools and low skills.
- Data Science intern at IBM: I participated in the prestigious Extreme Blue program and got introduced to Predictive Analytics for Business. I worked on a data generator and developed a use case for Fraud Analysis for Banking...using No-code!
- Data Science intern at Vodafone: In charge of 2G/3G network quality in the Barcelona area using geospatial and antenna performance data.
- Embracelet: partnered with my friend Stefan Rehm to build a smart bracelet to "Like!" events in real life! Failed but it started igniting the creator side of me.
- CloudReputation: review management app, used by thousands of restaurants and acquired by Mapal Software. All the AI implementation was based on No-code tools!
- Replier.ai: fun experimental project testing GPT-3 and its performance to handle user interactions on Youtube Comments and Google My Business Reviews.
- California Jams: selling the most delicious homemade jam in the Bay Area. We sell online, wholesale, and in the local farmers market!
- AutoAI: I believe we created the most powerful & intuitive AutoML tool in the market that prepares data, finds features, selects algorithms and tunes hyper-parameters to deliver the most accurate pipelines for any project.
- Data Refinery: a visual tool to create data preparation pipelines in a spreadsheet-like interface and capable of handling big data sets.
- Visual Recognition and Natural Language transfer learning tool: lead the development of a tool to label images and text and re-train IBM Watson models.
- New SPSS Modeler: the most popular visual flow interface to build Machine Learning pipelines without coding.
- IBM Watson Studio and ML: end-to-end AI platform that brings together all the tools and capabilities. Code and No-code tools in one single environment for ultimate flexibility.
- 👨👩👧👦🐶 First and foremost... I love spending time with my family!
- 🥘 Foodie, I love Spanish cuisine.
- 🎾 Tennis, I worked as an instructor for 5 years at the International Tennis Center of Barcelona. I play anytime I can!
- 🪓 Building and gardening! This is a new one that came true during the pandemic and lockdown. I discovered I enjoy building things with my own hands and not just digitally.
Social - connect with me!
- Twitter: @armand_ruiz
- Linkedin: @armand-ruiz
- Medium: @armand_ruiz
- Instagram: @armand_ruiz_
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posts and publications
- With great AI powers comes great responsibility
- Next year we are going to see an explosion of artificial intelligence everywhere
- InfoWorld - The 80/20 data science dilemma
- IBM Blog - Welcome to the Data Science Experience
- ELVTR - AI is like an extension of the human
- El Pais - Why doesn't my mobile understand me?
- Diario Gestion - Artificial intelligence is no longer optional for companies in the post-COVID scenario
- Introducing IBM Watson Studio
- IBM Watson Studio in 10 videos
- CloudReputation was chosen as "Best Startup" in the Digital Gastronomy & Hospitality Startup Forum
"It is kind of fun to do the impossible" by Walt Disney
Examples of some of my work:
Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.